Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Max

Long before N and I got Olly, we had a dog named Max (another goldendoodle) who was part of a family going through a divorce and they wanted to put him in a stable home. We immediately loved him and he was so well behaved that we could bring him out without a leash and he listened so well!

However, we were not aware that they planned to take him back eventually (we took him with the understanding that he was ours now). So after 4 months, they asked for him back. We were crushed and I was angry at N for just letting him go instead of fighting for him and trying to talk to this couple about how much we had fallen in love with Max and had no idea they would eventually want him back. He didnt and it took months and months for us to recover.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well, when N and I talked Sunday morning... he told me that Max needs a home once again and that he didnt know what to do and was hoping I would be willing to take him since I was already moving forward with a subleaser and finding a place that would allow dogs. I immediately told him that me having Max would not make me want Olly less. He said he knew that.

I told him Id think about it.

I love Max but its been over 2.5 years since we have seen him and I would never want to do anything that would possibly change my time with O.

1 comment:

  1. but maybe they will be best friends! I know it is a hard place to be. Like maybe he is trying to distract you from wanting O...

    seriously follow your heart. AND this time if you do take Max... make sure they sign an agreement that states that you will forever be owner of him this time!

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers