Monday, November 16, 2009

It went well

Before I say anything else, I have to say, meeting with landlord went really well tonight. The townhome was beautiful and she seemed really easy to talk to. I brought my roommate with me to make sure that landlord wasnt some psycho stalker killer who was going to kidnap me and murder me. HA- I mean, come on! You never know in this part of NC!!

She seemed a little uneasy about Olly being there since she has hardwood floors and nice furniture. She was just concerned that he would pee on the carpet or chew up the furniture and I assured her that he has not done that since he was a puppy. (Watch, he'll walk in the first day and decided to randomly pee on something and then Ill be screwed haha)

I told her my situation with A (potential subleaser) and how I needed some time to get things squared away with her before I completely committed to a new place. She understood but seemed "all business" saying that she could give me until next Wednesday (a little over a week) to let her know and then she'd have to allow others to see the place.

I really liked her, the home, the price, her rules, etc but I guess Im just a little uneasy about living with someone I dont know. I mean, I know just about ANYWHERE I move, I will be living with someone I dont know but it's just, I dont know... a little scary. Theres no reason for me to think that landlord (dont you love how she doesnt have a name in this post?.. haha just landlord) wouldnt be fine to live with. I just... I dont know- I just wish my current place would let me have dogs then I could avoid this whole thing.

I was hoping that the girl who is currently renting the room from her would be there so that I could talk to her and hopefully talk with her (privately) on facebook or through email about how it was living there but all I know is the girls name is Emily and shes a mass communications major at my university. That doesnt really narrow it down much since theres a ton of people at this school and I have no last name. I dont want landlord to feel like Im trying to check up on her by asking for Emily's last night/contact information but I feel like talking to her current resident would be a great way to know how it would be.

Just a thought?! Is there an online database that allows the general public to receive free background checks on people? Is it bad that I want to check this woman out? I mean she seems great but sometimes people who seem great arent great so ya know.

AHHH IM READY FOR THIS TO BE OVERRRRRRR!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like for the most part it is went really well. I hope it works out. I would just ask her for Emily's contact information. There is no harm in wanting to ask how she liked living with her. I think she would only get offended if she has something to hide.

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers