Monday, September 7, 2009

UGH

(Warning: This is a vent. If you dont feel like reading, then dont.)

Olly was sick with some digestive issues last time I kept him and was on a bunch of meds to try to help. In addition to that, the last 3 times Ive kept him , Ive also found some fleas here and there on him. I nicely reminded N to put Olly's monthly flea medication on him and of course he didnt do it for another 2 weeks- a great amount of time for the fleas to reproduce and become worse. Well, obviously I havent spoken to N since I kept Olly for his birthday weekend and found out that new girl is now new girlfriend. The Monday after that weekend, I received a text from N saying "Thank you for keeping Olly this weekend. I hope you are okay." WTF?? What do you think, N?! Oh yeah, Im awesome, so glad you've moved on and left me behind- ugh. I chose not to respond to the text because honestly, I had nothing to say.

Well, N is notorious for not doing Olly's meds and appointments when they are due. He always gets around to it eventually but its usually when I go ahead and make the appointments or hound him until he does it. Anyways- I was curious as to whether Olly was doing better over the past week or so since I finished his meds that weekend, so I text N last night with a simple, "Is Olly doing any better?" It was well after midnight so I didnt think Id get a response until today. Now, every single time I try to contact N, I always wonder whether this will be the time when he will decide he wants to cut me off and not let me see Olly anymore. I was beginning to think that this may be that time (of which I will freak and fight to keep Olly on my own) but he finally responded around noon saying "no, he is resick and I dont know what to do because I have no money to bring him back to the vet." SERIOUSLY?! Are you freakin kidding me? You cant just ignore your dog's illness because you have no money to bring him to the vet! I know that neither he, nor I have a lot of money but I would find a way to bring him to the vet if it meant he got better. I can tell when Olly is feeling like crap and his birthday weekend was one of those times. I felt awful and knew that he needed more TLC than usual since he felt yucky. Guys just dont see things like that and N probablly just treated him normal and ugh.

I offered to pay for Olly's vet bill this time and N refused. He has never been one to take charity but at this point, Im not willing to let this one go considering that Olly's health is the issue. Since I had N's attention (through texts that is) I went ahead and cleared me keeping Olly for the weekend of Sept 18th- and he said that was fine! (Hallelujah!) My birthday is on the 17th so I figured I would take the weekend off of work and head home to spend it with Olly and my family. I guess I will text N next week and see if he still has not brought Olly to to the vet and if he has not, I am going to make an appointment for that weekend. Im really going to have to scrounge to pay for it but you gotta do what you gotta do and luckily my first paycheck comes in on the 15th.

Im just so annoyed. I do not have the choice to be Olly's sole provider right now because 1) I dont think N would ever got for it and 2) I cant have pets in my apartment at school so I would have nowhere to keep him until I graduate and even then, I wouldnt be able to live with my parents while Im going through sonography school if I keep Olly. I dont know how to make this situation better?! Like Ive said before, I refuse to give up my time with Olly because of N and I's situation. I dont see N keeping Olly from me but like always, I have to prepare myself for the worst. I dont even know if new gf even knows I still keep Olly which would make me mad. N and I got Olly together- Its like a child- and obviously I dont get to see him very often and Ill be darned if I dont get to see him when I want to. By the time I keep Olly this next time it will have been 3 weeks! I dont think Ive ever gone that long without seeing him and its killing me but I also have to be logical. Going home is stressful for me and really, the only reason I do right now is to see Olly and my family. I know this year will go by fast but Its just really hard for me to be at school while N and Olly are back home and I dont know if N is doing what he needs to do to keep Olly healthy. I know N loves Olly just as much as I do- he's just not like me and its scary to know that N is not taking Olly's health seriously right now. I dont want N to put it off so long that Olly gets REALLY sick and needs major surgery or meds or its even too late. I would never forgive N. I know Im jumping the gun because none of this is happeneing yet but gosh, its stressful. UGH!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Olly! Do you think he may have giardia? That's easily treatable if that's the case. I hope he feels better soon. I would just make that appt with the vet since N doesn't seem to be in a rush. Sorry about the new gf. That bites. Oh, and by the way, my birthday is on the 17th too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say skip sonography school...you should be a writer, dang girl...this post was long! Breathe...it will all work out. I agree with RB, just make an appointment and if N does take him by then, just cancel the appointment. I'm so sorry that you have to be seperated from Olly. I know how much I would miss my baby girl and I wish your situation was better. I will help you steal Olly if N ever keeps your dog away from you...that is a promise!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers