Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthday: Part 1

I am going to try to recount the last few days without allowing new information to cloud how it was when it actually happened. I'll do my best and Sorry, but this one's gonna have to be in parts.

September 17th, 2009

12:01 am.... I receive this in a text

Caption: "Happy Birthday Mommy!"

(isn't he so precious?!)

15 minutes later...

The first person calls me to wish me a happy birthday (12:16am)

Guess who?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yup, it was N - Groggy and frantic that he didn't call right at midnight. Apparently he set an alarm to wake him up at 12:01 am so he could be the first and completely slept through it for 15 whole minutes.

We talked for 45 minutes even though I kept insisting he go back to sleep since he sounded really tired. I, on the other hand, was wide awake because I had taken a nap in the middle of the day. He declined so many times in the first 5 minutes that I stopped asking.

He asked me what I was going to do... I said study for my test and he was immediately bummed for me. He knew my birthday was crap last year for the same reason. I don't remember what we talked about but he was asking a lot of specific questions about my schedule the next day and when I would be at my apartment.

I didn't ask questions. Just answered his.

It was nice of him to call me on my birthday... and even nicer that he set an alarm to do so....

part 2 coming tomorrow.

2 comments:

PitaPata Dog tickers