Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Birthday: Part 2

My exam was at 5:30pm so I got myself up around 9am and headed to campus to study until my 2pm class and then again until the exam. I was literally on campus ALL DAY. N called me around 12:30pm to "check up on me" and we talked for a bit about how stressed he is about life right now and then he said he'd call me after he got out of class that night. I was confused as to why he wanted to speak with me so many times but figured it was because he was trying to make sure I had a good birthday- blah blah, ya know, all that good stuff.


While in my 2 o'clock, I saw my phone ringing on the table and was surprised to see that it was my roommate. We never talk so I was wondering what the heck she was calling about. Luckily we were having group discussions so I was able to quietly answer her call. It went something like this...

Roomie: Hey, are you expecting any deliveries today?
Me: Um, no. Should I?!
Roomie: well you have something here waiting for you.
Me: What is it?
Roomie: ummm.... I'll send you a picture.

and

THIS

IS

WHAT

IT

WAS....


Card was signed, "Some dude"

Never for a single second did I question who "some dude" was.

N had asked for my address and earlier that week, he had randomly confirmed my favorite flower.

When he asked me these things, I thought, MOMENTARILY that is, that he might have something up his sleeve but definitely pushed it out of my head because he NEVER did those things while we were dating so WHY would he EVER do it now when we aren't dating and he has a new girlfriend?!

But yes, after I suffered through my exam, I quickly drove back to my apartment to see for myself, if this "delivery" was real....

It was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers