Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Saucy Pork Medallions

First of all, let me go ahead and defend myself by saying that I DID follow the directions to this recipe and that it DID taste good even if it looked... like it did not taste good! :) haha!


I made this pork chop dish the other night...
and it was supposed to look like this...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm so serious when I say that this recipe probably should have been tweaked before being placed on the Internet by its author! Id suggest keeping all of the parts separate as they cook (because we can all tell that the ingredients in the pictures were!) instead of cooking it together so they don't get all mushy looking OR use less gravy/dressing than the recipe calls for!

Here it is! (since I KNOW you guys are all jumping to make this one! ;) ha!

Saucy Pork Medallions

Ingredients:

  • 2 tsp oil
  • 1-1.5 lb pork chops or tenderloins
  • 3 cups peas (frozen or canned)
  • 1 can (10oz) turkey gravy
  • 1/4 cup Kraft zesty Italian dressing
  • 1 pkg (6oz) Stove Top Stuffing mix for chicken

Directions:

  1. HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat
  2. Add meat; cook 5 min or until each piece is browned on both sides
  3. STIR in peas, gravy, and dressing
  4. Bring to a boil. MEANWHILE prepare stuffing as directed on package
  5. SPOON stuffing over meat mixture around edge of skillet
  6. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes (or until stuffing is heated through and meat is done)

I really contemplated including this recipe (AND PICTURE!!) this week and decided to keep on with my original plan to blog about my new adventures in cooking! :) Let's be honest, you've got to jack up a few meals now and again if you are ever going to get them right! Luckily, it tasted good even though it looked weird.

I guess you live, you learn.... er.... You cook, you learn? Whatever! haha.

P.S. My Chem class was canceled tonight!! WAHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers