Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Surprises in the making :)

I am babysitting for a family with three kids starting tonight until Sunday while they are on vacation together at the Biltmore Inn. As of right now, the Husband has NO IDEA that I am going to show up tonight. His wife and I have been planning this surprise for a few weeks now and I am excited to see how its all going to work out :) I came up with the idea for her to make it like a Scavenger Hunt using notes in envelopes to tell him what to do and what to pack all without him knowing where they are actually going :)

Heres the plan"
I am heading over to their house about 6:30pm, will knock on the door, the wife will make sure that the hubby gets the door. He will be completely confused as to why I am at their door as I live 45 minutes away and dont ever just stop by to say hello. I will then hand him a special envelope from his wife and tell him to "start packing" :). That note will lead him to his suitcase which will have another envelope in it telling him what to pack and so on.

This family is awesome (They are actually bringing me with them to the Atlantis in the Bahamas in August to watch the kids- YAYYY!) and I am really glad that I get to be part of this surprise for the Hubby! They definately deserve some vacation time alone and I LOVE their kids to its a win win situation.

I will post again tonight to let you know how the surprise went - I was just too excited not to let you know what was going on! haha

Update (Wed 10:24am): The surprise went really well!!! The hubby had NO clue why I was at their door and kept saying, "are you serious?" and "Are we really going on a trip?!" haha He packed in like 30 seconds because he thought they were leaving last night :) He them came out, shoes on, and ready to go HAHAHHA His wife and I just laughed and told him we probablly should have specified that he wasnt leaving until tomorrow! :0)

I had a good night with the kids last night. A is 5, E is 3, and O is 1. They did get up at 6:30 am (AHHHHH!) but they laid in bed with me and watched Winnie the Pooh for a little so it wasnt too bad.

Ill keep you updated throughout the week. Hopefully Im busier this time around so I wont think of N as much- haha wishful thinking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers