Thursday, June 4, 2009

No real reason

Okay, so Ive been EXHAUSTED since watching the boys for 9 days and since I am house/dog sitting for my older sister and her husband about 20-30 minutes from civilization- i figured this week would be a good week to just relax and hang out.

Yesterday, I decided to make the trek to town and go to the beach with a couple of my girlfriends. Well... if your girlfriends are anything like my girlfriends, you'll know that they are NEVER ON TIME!! So... after driving 30 minutes and then waiting another 30 for the girls- we settled on the beach for some reading time and catch up :) We ended up going tubing too in the intercoastal waterway with some friends and then it was time for me to head back to let the dogs out...

No sooner had I fed the dogs, let them out, and took a shower- did I get a text from N's older sister. I used to talk to her pretty regularly but I guess she wanted to lay low for a bit bc of everything that has been going on. Well, anyways, after a little small talk through text, she asks me if I would be willing to babysit for them tonight. They have two little ones, R is 3 and H is 2 months. I was SO tired but since I hadnt seen them in a while and it was a worknight (which means they wouldnt be out late) I decided to make the 30 minute trek once again to that side of town to hang out with the littles. I was a little worried about what she would try to talk about in reference to N and I. Luckily, since they were already late for their function, they gave me directions on H's feedings and R's new bedtime routine and then out the door they went saying they'd see me about 10:30 or 11:00pm.

well... 10:30 came and went... so did 11pm.... then 12am.... Finally! they got home at 1:00am.

I was exhausted and knew I needed to get back to the dogs to let them out but I guess it worked out because by then H was up for another feeding and everyone was so tired that I was able to slip out without any questioning.

I guess I can say it went pretty well considering what I expected... no awkward questionings or sobbing fits so I think it was a success.

There was no real reason for this post but here you go anyways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers