Saturday, June 20, 2009

Prayers for Stellan

I was checking MckMama's updates on Stellan yesterday when A, the 5 year old, came and sat beside me and asked who "that baby" was. I told her the child-friendly version of Stellans story and she said, "Im sad for that baby, I hope God helps him" and then went along her merry way.

I didnt think anything of it until today when we sat down for lunch and asked who wanted to pray and bless our food. A jumped at the opportunity (which is rare, she usually lets brother E do it) and this is what she said:

"Dear God, Thank you for this sunny day and that we got to go to the pool today! and thank you for my brothers and Miss A for coming to stay with us while Mommy and Daddy are on vacation. Please keep Mommy and Daddy safe on their trip and tell them that we miss them and are making crafts for daddy for fathers day... Well, dont tell daddy YET because then it wont be a surprise. And God............ Please be with baby Stellan and help his heart slow down so that he doesnt have to be sick anymore. Baby Stellan is special and even though you would hold him forever if we came to live with you, I think his mommy wants to hold him too and keep him here on earth. Stellan is only a baby and he isnt old like PopPop so he should be with his mommy. Please help Stellan be strong, God, and let him live so that he can keep helping people all over the world. Im sorry that I pushed E down under the water two times at the pool today and had to sit in the corner. I wont do that again. Bless this day and bless our yummy lunch. Amen."

I started tearing up before she was even finished. I absolutely love that precious little girl. I love her heart for others and I love that even when I dont think she is really listening, she is and she is thinking and praying for others. Nothing better than a little child to bring you back to Jesus. :)

1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouth of babes!! she sounds like such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers