Monday, June 15, 2009

A Good Day

Today was a good day.

I spent the WHOLE day at the beach with my little sister, E, and then my friend L came for a few hours towards the end of the day after E left with a friend. You would think I would get bored sitting on the beach from 11:30 am until 4:30 pm but I definately do not. I got to just relax, catch up with E and L, read some of an awesome book (The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers), and catch some rays. Okay, a lot of rays!! Im pretty fried.. Whoops!

On my way home, I got a call from a guy I babysit for who is a defense attorney who was taking care of a "citation" that I got driving home from school in May. (Long story short, about 2 weeks after N and I decided to separate, I drove home to pick up my stuff. Right around Raleigh, I saw a cop on the side of the road but knew I wasnt speeding so I didnt worry about it. Well apparently everyone in front of me WAS worrying about it. They all slammed on their breaks when they saw the cop and so I slammed on my breaks to keep from hitting the person in front of me. Cop pulled me over saying that I was riding the person in front of me too closely. I tried to explain that I was so close because they all slammed on their breaks when they saw him and I was just trying to avoid hitting them- He didnt care and gave a sobbing me a ticket anyways. DEFINATELY NOT what I needed at that moment in time) Anyways- The attorney was calling to let me know that he had the citation dismissed and that I didnt need to worry about it! YAYYYY!

Then, I ate dinner with my family (Tacos- YUM) and went shopping for a little bit with the little sis. I got some cute summery tops even though I definately shouldnt be spending money but hey, you only live once right?!

Tonight, I am going to bunk in the family room on an air mattress because of the broken AC upstairs that was most certainly NOT fixed today even though a million people were in and out of the house all day looking at it- HA. Im not counting on a great nights sleep but I dont care because

I had a good day. :)

Even though N is usually always on my mind, I really tried hard not to let my worry-some thinking ruin my day today. Im always going to have that little hurt in my heart because he is missing from the day but today was the first full day in a long time that I felt my nerves relaxing a bit. I know tomorrow is a different day but as for today, I call that a pretty big success.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you had a good day. May many more come your way :)

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers