Monday, July 6, 2009

Tattoos that mean something?

THIS is my favorite book of all times.

This book will ALWAYS be my favorite book of all times. (Ive read a lot of books... and nothing seems to beat this one!) If you have never read it... you should go to the book store right this second because... well it changed my life and continues to change my life each day. I promise, once you pick it up, you wont put it down until the end.

Synopsis
Can God's Love Save Anyone?

Best-selling author Francine Rivers skillfully retells the biblical love story of Gomer and Hosea in a tale set against the exciting backdrop of the California Gold Rush. The heroine, Angel, is a young woman who was sold into prostitution as a child. Michael Hosea is a godly man sent into Angel's life to draw her into the Savior's redeeming love. This remarkable novel has sold over a million copies globally and has been a fixture on the CBA bestsellers list for nearly a decade. A six-part reading guide, suitable for individual use or group discussion, is included in this best-selling novel.


You can read part of the first chapter HERE. Just click on "See Inside" at the bottom of the cover.

Anyways... I read this book for the first time in 2005 and was immediately drawn to one of the words used repeatedly through the book.

Beloved.


I chose to read it again right after N and I split. I only allowed myself to read one chapter (Okay maybe two) a day to try to make it last as long as possible. I knew if I just read it as I wanted, I would be done in 48 hours and then Id be bummed that it was over already. :) I can truly say that this book may have been what got me through those first few rough weeks of the summer. I really recommend this book to ANYONE regardless of where you are in your life right now.

Ever since I read it the first time and was drawn to that word, I thought about possibly getting "Beloved" tattooed on the back of my neck (so that I could cover it up if needed later on) and have always talked myself out of it due to the fact that it is SO PERMANENT! I know that this word will always hold a strong significance to me because it represents my relationship with Christ. This word is special to me and will always mean something in my life but I dont want to be a wrinkly old lady with a wrinkly tattoo on the back of my neck that I wish I hadnt gotten.

Anyways, the idea has crept back into my head (probably due to my nice little pre-mid-life crisis going on here) and I was just curious as to whether any of you have tattoos?! and if you do, what are they of, how did you choose it, and do you regret it?

I have no real intention of running out and getting myself tattooed anytime soon but just thought I'd ask to see what responses I get. :)

Now, go get yourself a copy of Redeeming Love, get comfortable on the couch, find a good babysitter for the next two days or place hubby on kid-duty (haha) and get reading :) I promise, you will not regret it.

2 comments:

  1. I have 1 tattoo of a Celtic cross on my back. I got it when I was 18 and I don't regret it. I still like the design and how it looks and I also like that it represents that time period in my life when I was discovering who I was. I knew that I would be a teacher, so I needed to get my tattoo in a place that generally would be covered on a daily basis. The only time you can see my tattoo is when I'm in a bikini, and I don't wear bikinis around my students as a rule :) I say keep thinking about it and if you choose to get it (I love the idea BTW), then just be smart about where you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Tattoo's I have 3 and will prob end up getting one more this summer. I think the idea behind it is Great and getting it on the back of your neck is a great idea to, or maybe on the back of your wrist, you can always cover it up. I have one on my wrist and when I went on my job interview I just wore a watch. I have been at my job for 3 months and some people just noticed.

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers