Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Knob Creek

About 2-3 weeks after Blake and I started dating, we went to a bar/restaurant with some friends to watch a band play. While we were there, Blake saw a platform with "knob creek" etched into it with 4 Knob Creek glasses on it and FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! He probably said how much he liked them 3-4 times before we left a couple hours later.

Ever since then, I had been on the search to find one just like it so I could suprise him. I had looked EVERYWHERE!! Knob Creeks official site, online sites, etc and just couldn't find the complete set.


I decided to just go down to the bar and ask if I could buy it off the bar... might as well TRY, right??

The FIRST time I tried, the place was closed.

SECOND time, it was packed and I couldnt find a parking spot

THIRD time (Last Thursday), I brought my roomie with me and had to circle around the block 3 times before I finally found a parking spot and was able to go in.

I had gone to the ATM beforehand so I could pay for it easily IF they let me buy it but I knew that it was a long shot that they would let me buy it right off the bar.

I walked in, and saw the bartender that had worked with us that night (not sure he recognized me but whatever) and sat down at the bar.

Heres how the conversation went... (PS Bartender (BT) was SUPERcute! :) haha

BT: Can I help you?

Me: I sure hope so.... (pointing at the set)... I need to buy this off of the bar :)

BT: (Laughs) Uh... I dont know if I can do that... haha

Me: My boyfriend and I were in here a few weeks ago and he LOVED it and I have looked EVERYWHERE for it and cant find one so I figured I would just come right to the source- haha!

BT: ahh... well youre going to have to tell your boyfriend that it may not work out...

Me: Yeah... thats the thing... I cant tell him that because I am trying to surprise him

BT: Ohhhhhh gotcha, well let me take your name and number and the next time our liquor rep comes around, Ill ask him to bring us one and Ill try to put it in the back for you

Me: Oh, that'd be awesome! How often does he come around?? (Im thinking like a few times a week and I could have it within a few days)

BT: About once every 2 weeks (Oh crap, this means that the soonest I could get it would be 4 weeks and I was wanting to surprise him before the Duke Game on Saturday)

Me: Oh.... (probably making an awfully disappointed face)

BT: When did you need it by??

Me: Well... I was hoping by Saturday....
At this point, the Bartender seems WAY deep in thought and Im thinking he's about to tell me thats never going to happen... but then he looks around and says....

BT: Oh.... F*** it! Is your car close??

Me: (COMPLETELY CONFUSED) Um... yeah? Its out front.

BT: Like RIGHT out front??

Me: Uh... yeah????

Then he PICKS UP the platform and cups and says....

BT: Hurry up! My boss is in the back.

and he seriously walks out from behind the bar and walks out the front door to my car, opens the door and places the set on my roomies' lap...

The WHOLE time Im freaking out saying, "how am I going to pay you for this?" and he keeps saying, "Girl! Just dont worry about it- ur good"
I thank him a million times before he tells me to "get outta here before he gets fired" (haha!) and then I drive away- the whole time saying, "That did NOT just happen, that did NOT just happen!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

At first I really felt bad about letting him give it to me but then I remembered that liquor reps bring things like that to the bars they deliver to in order to advertise their product. The bar doesnt pay for it- they just allow it to sit out so that people will see the liquor name repeatedly
OH MY GOSHHHH! You have no idea how crazy it was. I never could find the platform online but I did find cups similar to them and they were being sold for $20 a pop and the platform held four. Im talking like a $100 gift right there and you all know IM BROKEEEEEEEEEE so I was stoked when he decided to just give it to me (not quite sure he was even allowed to make that decision but... ya know ha!)

Long story.... short long.... :)

I couldnt wait til Saturday to give it to Blake so I gave it to him Friday morning instead and he LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!

Im so so so so so glad it worked out! It now sits on a shelf in his living room and everytime we walk by, I see him glance over at it and smile! :) Man, I love that boy!

Heres a picture of it at my place before I set up pictures of the two of us around it to surprise him. Sorry its hard to see but it is definitely a BEAUTIFUL set!


and THAT, my friend, is the only time I have ever felt like I have stolen something to surprise someone I love. (HAHA!)

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!!! I once stole something for someone I love and I got caught!!!! hahahah oh well

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers