Sunday, May 31, 2009

Scratch that.

Sooo.... I finally got off my overnight job last night well past midnight and was stoked to finally relax, get that hefty paycheck I expected, and sleep in a bit this morning....

Well... none of those things happened.

I got off around 1230 am and then had to drive the 30 minutes to my sisters house so I would be there to bring them to the airport today. scratch relaxing.

and well.... I got a paycheck. A hefty one? not what I had expected. I changed pee sheets almost everyday this week, dealt with a puking child, AND did like a trillion loads of laundry all on top of all the other things that are expected. scratch hefty paycheck.

Sleep in this morning? Nope. I got up at 5am after not getting to bed until close to 2am to bring my sis and her husband to the airport. scratch sleeping in.

I just get through everyday by telling myself that things will be better tomorrow or that I just need to wait it out and sooner or later, I'll catch a break. It sucks when that break never comes.

On a side note: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the family I babysat for. But its frustrating sometimes because I work really REALLY hard when Im there and I deal with things that a lot babysitters wouldnt deal with (with a smile on my face, for that matter). Sometimes they pay me AWESOME and sometimes its just not what I expected. I probablly set myself up to be disappointed by working out about how much they owe me on my own- but it still sucks. I love those little boys so I would never stop watching them but man, Im way disappointed.

Oh well.

Okay, Im done complaining for the day.

Thanks for listening.

Update (2:48pm): Okay... well now Im feeling guilty for complaining and being disappointed. The more I think about it the more I realize that the economy sucks right now and even though it may not seem like it- EVERYONE is suffering. I love this family and I know they love me too and they would never purposely give me less than I earned. I probablly over-reacted and should be grateful for what I got even though it was a really hard week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers