Friday, May 29, 2009

Funnies from the week

Here are some of the funny things that have happened this week :)


(I will refer to each boy by the first letter of their name )

H: 10 years
G: 9 years
A: 8 years
B: 5 years
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
When the mom told A that I was coming to stay for 9 days...

A: yayyyy! I love when Miss A comes!

Mom: yeah! you guys are gonna have so much fun!

A: (pause....) AW MAN, That means I have to eat vegetables and fruits for 9 whole days!!!

HAHA- These boys know my rules and fruits and veggies are a part of every single meal during my time with them. A is a very picky eater and this is the part he hates about me coming :)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After being stung by a bee on Friday at school, A has refused to go outside without a "bodyguard" for fear that the bees are out to get him. All morning whiled we tried to get ready to go to the beach, he refused to go get his boogie board on his own bc of the nonexistant "bees." Well anyways, as we were leaving the beach, this is the conversation I had with A...

A: Miss A, will you put my boogie board away when we get home?

Me: No, buddy. You can do it yourself. It is your boogie board and I have other bags I need to bring into the house.

A: BUUUUTTTT the BEEEESSSS are gonna get me...!!!

Me: A, there arent any bees. You will be fine. If you see any bees, you let me know and I will make sure they dont get you

all the other boys had been quietly listening to the conversation until B (the youngest) felt the need to express his thoughts about A's fear of bees.

B: A! Stop being such a PUSSY!

(Uhhh...... WHAT? Did that REALLY just come out of a 5 year olds mouth?!)

Me: uh, B... where did you hear that word?

B: I dont know

Me: well .... uhhh.... what does it mean?

B: ummmm.... well... I dont know.

Me: okay... Thats not a very nice word so lets not say that again.

B: okay!


and that was the end of it.... talk about catching me off guard :) Whew! Im glad the short attention span of boys allowed me to easily get out of that one :)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The other night I had G and B in the bathtub before bed. While they were playing- I was scurrying around folding laundry, putting clothes away, picking out school clothes for the next day and trying to pick up the rediculous amount of odds and ends that four active boys drop during the day. Anyways... this is what I heard coming from the bathroom.


G: B!! Stop playing with your wenis!

B: Im just trying to stretch it out!

G: Whhhhyyyy?

B: BECAUSE! I want it to be like daddys!!

G: Its not gonna be like daddy's until you get bigger and find a wife.

B: Well, why not? I want to have a wenis like daddy NOW!

G: Well too bad! You cant have a wenis like daddy because you're not big and you have to be big to have a wenis like daddy.

B: Oh. So when I get bigger... I'll finally have a wenis like daddy?

G: Yes, B. When you're bigger.


(and then just like that, they went back to playing) HAHA
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hope you enjoyed! Tomorrow is my last day! I love these boys but I am definately ready for some relaxing time :) Their parents' plane doesnt land until almost midnight tomorrow night so I am expecting a late late night.... THEN... I get to drive the 45 minutes to my sisters house because she and her husband are leaving for their long over-do honeymoon Sunday morning and I will be driving them to the airport at 6am and then house/dog sitting for them for a week.

Whew! Im tired just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...HILARIOUS! You have inspired me to post some of my babysitting/teaching antidotes! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers