Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SERIOUSLY!????!!!

All I can say today is... Seriously!?

A little background information to get you up to speed.

I have been living in my apartment with one other girl for almost a year now. It is right near campus and we loved that the complex was brand new and within walking distance to many things. Ever since we moved in, we have had noise problems with the neighbors who live right below us. It doesnt matter how many times we go down and nicely knocked on the door to ask them to please turn off that GOD AWFUL RAP MUSIC those lovely cultured tunes that they so often play, they always seem to turn it right back up after 10 minutes. Well, we try to cut them some slack if it is on the weekend or during an easy week but when exams come around we have no choice but to address the problem. I would say we have been to our landlord 3-4x this year and called the nonemergency police line for noice complaints in the wee hours of the morning 3x as well.

Welllllll... with only 24 hours left until I am home-free, I figured that I was in the clear and wouldnt have to deal with the problem anymore (because they are moving out soon)..

UNTIL I woke up this morning to my walls vibrating once again. I casually got out of bed, with the intent to give them a couple hours to get it out of thier system, before I had to address the problem and get to studying for my Physics final tomorrow.

and heres how it went.

10:00am startled out of sleep because my walls and bed are shaking.
Get out of bed, brush my teeth, washed my face, grab some breakfast, check my email, facebook, blogupdates....
11:30am jump in the shower hoping they will turn off the music by the time I get out
12:00pm Head over to the leasing office to pay my rent and have them address this "problem"
1:00pm Music is still thumping and shaking the apartment
1:15pm In an attempt to by a respectful neighbor, I put on my flipflops to head down and knock on the door....

Well heres how that went.
knock knock......no answer
knock knock (a little louder).... no answer
knock knock (a little LOUDER).... no answer
BANG BANG BANG!

The door swings open and I see the most intimidating girls I have ever seen in my life who ask in a very... not nice way... WHAT THE..**** ...YOU WANT?!

Me: Uh, hey, do you mind turning down your music a little, please, Im trying to study for a final exam thats tomorrow.
Scary Girl #1: Uh, **** No, Who the... **** ... do you think you are?
Scary Girl #2: (just stares at me really mean like im doing something awful
Me: oh, uh, I would really appreciate it. Im really trying to study...
Scary Girl #1: GET THE **** out of my house, you little *****!
Scary Girl #2: (tries to slam the door in my face)

*** well the slamming didnt work because my flipflopped foot was in the doorway. ****

when i saw the door coming at me, I held up my hands to prevent broken toes.
the door hit my hands/foot flew back at Scary Girls and.....

then it happened.....

The door swung back open, and Scary Girl #1 storms out and lifts her fist to punch me while also continuing her nice flow of inappropriate words....

I take a step back to avoid the blunt of a swing I wasnt sure why I am receiving.

My movement must have saved my face ( or whatever she was aiming at) because the blunt of the force landed on my chest and shoulders almost knocking me to the ground....

I stumble back, avoid falling, look up completely shocked, see scary girl still looking like she wants to chew me up and spit me out have a 2nd go and so I turn on a dime and RUN UP THE STAIRS AS FAST AS I CAN to my little apartment to get away from this psycho clearly upset neighbor who for some reason felt the need to punch me for asking her to turn her music down.

Needless to say, the morning was spent crying, shaking, speaking to 2 very nice policemen, and filling out police reports against 2 scary girls. Not much studying has been accomplished...

Ahhhhh... and I thought things couldnt get worse....

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers