Friday, August 28, 2009

It was only a matter of time.

I knew N was going out of town this weekend while I had Olly.
I did not know that he was going out of town with his new girlfriend...until today.

I knew this was coming.
I knew he couldnt stay alone forever.
Even though I knew it would come sooner or later...
it hasnt helped soften the blow.

I want to hate him....
to make this easier on myself.
I've tried.
But I cant.

I want him to be happy.
but Im hurt.
I know guys are different than girls
when it comes to moving on.
but this is... not easy.

No matter how long he waited...
it would still hurt.
How can I blame him...
for wanting to move forward...

I cant blame him.
but I also cant help feeling
as if a wound is being ripped back open...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Allison. You are right, no matter when this would have happened, your heart would have been broken all over again. Guys are different than us. It took me six months to date after my ex and I broke up and the first time I kissed someone else, I cried because I felt like I was cheating on the guy I loved even though we weren't together. My ex started dating the minute we broke up. I hope your heart and your wounds heal soon! Who knows...you might find the man of your dreams in ultrasound school! I go to school with two hotties...I'm married, so I can't do anything but you my friend could be all over that! :)

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Allison. but don't let this news put a damper on your weekend with Olly. As painful as knowing this is, in the long run you may see that it will jumpstart your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS a wound being ripped back open. There are still strings attached and they get severed every time "something" is pulling the opposite direction. (like say, N)

    Just to say I had to sever all ties before I could truly move on and not be hurt when the days came that he moved on. It was inevitable he was going to move on... we were not meant to be together. It still hurt but not half as bad as the times before. And over time it was painless.

    I am praying that God would help heal you in the areas that you are still connected to him in your heart. I pray for peace and wisdom to flood your life and that you would know God's plans are much bigger and better than you could imagine!

    You are a bright, intelligent girl and you have a zeal that a lot of girls your age do not. You KNOW God's desires for you and trust HIM... KNOW that HE has you in the palm of HIS hand right now in this time of pain and HE wants you to bring it ALL to HIM to be healed once and for all. NO MORE Pain...

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers