Wednesday, August 26, 2009

As promised... Roomate story

Okay, so here is the whole roomate story. I know Ive made a few references to her in previous posts and no one knows the story sooo.... without further adieu... heres the quick up to speed

One of my childhood best friends
chose to go to the same college as me
We are VERY similar
(usually TOO similar)
and KNEW we shouldnt live together
if we wanted to remain friends :)
SO We both went Potluck
and got placed in the same Dorm
Same floor
three doors down from each other

Bestie lived with Alicia
I lived with some other girl
Alicia and I had lots of classes together
that first semester
Got along great
We were so much alike

Both easy going
Organized
Didnt drink
No drugs
Wanted careers in the health field

It seemed like the perfect fit
so we decided to live together
the next year in another dorm

One year later, and only
One big blow out fight later
(it was during the stresses of exam time)
We were preparing to move into an Apartment
about three blocks from campus

Last summer
The summer before our big
apartment move
She randomly broke up with her boyfriend
of three years whom she was OBSESSED
with to the point of insanity.

Had slept with some random guy from work
within 24 hours
SO not like her!

Broke that off
To hang out with some other random guy
she barely knew.

Im freaked out by now!
What is this girl thinking?
But we still got along great
besides the fact that she
was making bad decisions
and didnt seem to care.

Resigned our leases for Year 2.
Little did I know, this would be
a HUGE MISTAKE!

Her new guy is cocky
and mean.
Not my favorite person
but I was always nice.
Seemed a little serial killer-ish
maybe rapist-like
YIKES

but she seemed to like him
I kept my mouth shut

She began drinking
LIKE A FISH
Having people over
during the week
without telling me

I thought,
"maybe shes just going
through a phase??"
Surely she'll get over it soon.

Right??

WRONG!!!

In a matter of weeks
she had completely changed...

She....
  1. ate my food without asking
  2. left her dishes in the sink for weeks
  3. refused to clean ANYTHING
  4. was rude to my family members
  5. had friends over late when she knew I was studying
  6. had sex loud enough for me to hear 2 rooms over.... gross.
  7. lied to our landlord to try to get me evicted so she could live alone (another story entirely)
  8. did not speak to me... only yelled
  9. camped out in the living room so I couldnt watch TV
  10. demanded I switch rooms with her because she decided she didnt like hers anymore

....and oh so much more


I have tried to get out of my lease because I really dont want to live with someone who makes me uncomfortable in my own home. Landlord wont allow me to break the lease. Says my only option is to try to convince her to move to another unit. Not gonna happen. I could move to another unit but my rent would increase by $35 a month when it is already rediculous. Im stuck.
So Sunday when she finally decided to come back to school, she tried to act like my BFF and ask me when I wanted to go grocery shopping... uh.... we havent gotten groceries together since you flipped your....crap.... and I dont know why you think Im going to resume this activity NOW!? Im sorry, she may be trying to make up for the past semester but Im not comfortable putting my guard down and doing BFF things with her again. I will be nice and I will absolutely treat her with respect but I am NOT going to allow her to get close enough to me again to hurt me the way she did before. Maybe Im holding a grudge but to be honest, at this time in my life, Id like to leave that wall constructed to avoid furthur major destruction.

I am trying to convince myself that maybe, JUST MAYBE, she has changed over the summer and I will be able to make it through this year without killing myself. I dont really have a choice. She is just not who she was a year ago and its a huge bummer.

Now that THATS out of the way :-) Carry On! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is a lot of drama! If there is any way to get out of rooming with her, I'd take it. $35 is a small sacrifice for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks! I had a friend like that...you never truly know a person until you live with them! I would pay the $35 for peace of mind! WOW, I think I would have killed her by now #1-10 are awful! Big hugs sweetie!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awful. I think you are right not to take her back with open arms...but hopefully, she will take it upon herself to prove to you that she has changed. Otherwise, I'd try to come up with that $35. I had one bad roommate (and former friend) like that in college...we are "friends" now...but I remember how awful it is to feel that bad in your own home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like that $35 might be a small price to pay for some sanity! Could we hold some fundraisers?? Praying FOR a roommate for one dear friend and praying for a way OUT of a roommate for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers