Monday, August 8, 2011

Tuscaloosa

My church is sending a group of 50 singles (aka non-married people) to Tuscaloosa at the end of September for just a few days to help rebuild the destruction caused by the Tornadoes back in April.  I think I am going to pray about applying to be part of the team.  I have already cleared the dates with both families I babysit for and signed up for Spiritual Preparation Training that is required by my church to go on any short term missions.  Now I need to run it by my boss at work and figure out where I am going to get the funds from.

I want to make sure that I am going on this trip for the right reasons.  I don't want to be selfish or self fulfilling or go for any other reason than to share the love of Christ with others and use my hands to do his good works.  I want to impact Tuscaloosa, Alabama however I can.

I am going to finish filling out the application tomorrow and turn it in to the church on Wednesday. But for right now, my booty needs some sleep.  6am is going to comefast.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers