Thursday, August 18, 2011

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!??? Thursday


I got rear-ended in my brand new car yesterday....

SERIOUSLY?!

yeah-- by an idiot who watched the light turn green and decided to go without checking if the cars in front of her had gone.

Luckily I was on the way to a nannying job and didn't have any kids in the car (THANK GOD!)

This girl acted like it was no big deal, saying "Are you okay? These things happen."  What the heck! You hit me honey, it wouldn't have happened had you been paying attention.  She is in NC on business so she was in a rental car paid for by her company.  She had no registration obviously.  Dispatch said they couldnt get an officer out to do a report for 2 HOURS!  Seriously!?  So I opted to get her information

When I looked yesterday, I didnt see anything but a few scratches but this morning I realized that my bumper looked off.  Luckily I had my first service appointment at Hyundai today and asked the guys to take a look.  They replaced the bumper clips that got snapped by the impact for $22 (!!).

The scratches on the bumper are almost unnoticeable but I want to have them fixed anyways.  This sucks for her (or her company) because repainting my bumper is going to be at least $300 but it is a new car and it was not my fault that she hit me.  Obviously I am thinking about the resale value of the car if I leave the scratches so that is just not an option.

My fear is that although she seemed like an honest person, that she will not answer my calls when I call her to speak with her about how much it's going to cost to fix it.

Seriously, people?!  PAYYY ATTENNNTIIOOONNNNN!!!

UGH.

1 comment:

  1. Following from the link up! UGH sorry to hear about your car. That is horrible!

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers