Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's that time again....


Yup. I'm officially INSANE. I started training for my 2nd half marathon yesterday and plan to continue training after the race to complete a Marathon (I really wanna cross this one off my bucket list).

Im going to be honest.  I REALLY have NO motivation this time around. Especially at 6am when my alarm goes off but I LOVE running (Just not the whole getting back into shape thing) and I feel so much less stressed and anxious when Im active on a daily basis.  I am a goal oriented person so I really need a goal to work towards.  Ive tried just running on my own (aka without a race to train for) and I tend to come up with every excuse in the book as to why I shouldnt run that day.

For example...

Its too hot.

Its too early.

My knees hurt.

I need to catch up on sleep.

It looks like rain.

I might get stolen (HAHA!)

I get too bored with no one to run with.

I could seriously go on for days with my excuses but the bottom line is that I will make excuses and then one rest day will become 50 rest days and then I will be right back at square one before I know it.

This is a good thing. I am choosing to put on my big girl panties and just do it. 

So yes, I am going to regain my craziness from last year and start this 12-14 week training session ALL OVER AGAIN.  

Wish me luck :)

*** I create my own training plan normally.  This time around, I merges three 10-12 week half marathon training plans into one 14 week training plan that I knew would work with my pace and needs.  Lets hope I know myself as well as I think I know myself :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment last week; very encouraging words! I totally feel ya about this working out/running thing!! I have started back this week but luckily I was able to recruit a gf to participate with me :) And thank God I am able to do mine at night/afternoon because I am so not a morning person so I give you props for the 6AM runs!! Keep up the good work; we can keep each other motivated ;)

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers