Saturday, August 13, 2011

Piece of Crap.

Sorry for the harshness of the title.

However, that is exactly how Im viewing my former friend right now.....


K and I have been really good friends since 2007.  She graduated with her accounting degree and moved to Raleigh about a year ago.  Since then she has fallen off the wagon.  She has begun doing things that I would never expect (drinking, guys, etc) and has progressively become a really unreliable friend.  I love her and really value our friendship so I have continued to keep in contact with her, reach out to her, pray for her, and hang out with her when she comes to town. On more than on occasion she has bailed last minute or been a complete bitty when we hang out.

There have been many times where I was just ready to throw in the towel on our friendship because of how awful she has been to me.  If you know me at all, you will notice that I am way too forgiving and tend to justify people's actions to give them the benefit of the doubt... I always give people more chances than they deserve. 

Welp, this time it came back to bite me in the butt.

K asked me to come up to Raleigh for the weekend to hang out and do some runs (she is running the same half marathon as I am) so about 3 weeks ago, I put in my days off at work, rescheduled some babysitting jobs, and set everything into motion for my weekend trip.  Throughout this process I double and triple checked with K to make sure that the plan was still good and that I wasnt taking off work for a trip that wasnt going to happen.  She assured me that yes, it was totally fine and she couldnt wait to see me.

Considering I was supposed to head up Friday night, I started calling her the previous Sunday to touch base.  I called Sunday- no answer, no call back.  I called Monday- no answer, no call back.  Tuesday K texts me around 6:30pm saying "I'll call you later tonight" - I received no call or additional texts.  Wednesday I get another text around 6:30pm that says, "sorry, I suck. Moving to Charlotte this weekend. My parents are coming to help me.  Call me later tonight and we can try to work something out."

WHAT THE F!

What is there to work out?  You are clearly bailing out. There are a few things that just piss me off about that text.

1) There is absolutely NO way that you randomly found out on a Wednesday afternoon that you were going to move to another city that weekend. Especially considering that you rent an apartment with a lease that isnt up and have a salary job that you cannot break contract with for another 2 months.
2) If you are really moving to Charlotte and knew it was a potential, then why did you not call me and give me a heads up weeks ago to tell me that it could affect our weekend?
3) Why the heck are you texting me to discuss this instead of calling me.
4) Why do you not sound sorry AT ALL that you've screwed me over once again (This is not the first time I have taken off work to hang out with her and had her bail.)

I called her that night around 9pm when I got off babysitting- no answer, no call back, no text.

At that point I was so over it.  I did not even try to call her after that night and NEVER FREAKIN HEARD FROM HER!!

I dont understand how people like that sleep at night.

I am done with she and I's friendship. She is selfish and demeaning and only cares about herself.  She made that very very clear this time around.  She KNEW that I had taken off work.  She KNEW that I had switched Babysitting jobs around.

I actually feel like an idiot for entertaining her BS for so long.

It is now Saturday and I have not heard one single thing from her.  No apology.  No explanation. Nothing.  I do believe that she is either lying to me because she found something she thought was better to do for the weekend OR she isnt lying and knew about the move all along but decided that it wasnt going to benefit her to let me know ahead of time.  I'm not sure if I will ever hear from her again because Im sure she knows she screwed up.  Or maybe, she is such a jerk that she doesnt realize shes done anything wrong.  Whatever, regardless I will not be answering her calls anymore.

I have decided that I am not even going to try to discuss this with her.  Whats the point when it clearly doesnt matter to her?

Whats that saying?

Fool me once, shame on you.  
Fool me twice, shame on me.


Yeah.


1 comment:

  1. Been there. Done that. I am sorry you are going through this but sometimes people need to just be cut out of your life and you will feel better! Also have you figured out Pinterest yet? Do you need me to send you a link? Once you sign up you can add a "pin it" thing to your toolbar so whenever you are on a site and you see something you like you just click pin it and it saves to your pinterest. So nice for remembering things easily haha!!

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers