Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 1 Workout Log

Im really trying to get back into shape this semester- Id like to run a 5k this year since my last one was in high school. My goal is to work out 4-5x a week and record it here every Friday- I dont know if the 5k will happen since my workouts cant really consist of a lot of running (because of chronic tendonitis in my knees) but Im gonna try to run at least 2x a week and swim the other 3. We'll see how it goes :)

This week only has 2 days since classes were starting and my schedule was a little off. I know this is boring stuff so if you dont care- you dont have to read it. Just wanted to keep track of it for myself :)

Thursday:
January 21

1. Warm Up: Elliptical (15 minutes)

2. 1 mile run (9 min 2 sec)
SO not happy with this time as I used to run a 7 min mile but you gotta start somewhere, RIGHT?

3. Dynamic Warm up
- 25 Jumping Jacks
- 20 Knee Hugs
- Med Ball exercises
- etc

4. Fitness Test
- Push Ups
- Standing Squats
- Sit ups

5. Abs (x2)
- 30 crunches
- 20 side crunches (each side)
- 20 alternating leg lifts (each side)
- 5- 90 degree bended knee/hip windshield wipers
- 25 supermans
- 5 push ups

Friday: January 22

Pool for 30 minutes

Hey now! Dont hate- Im sore! haha
:)

1 comment:

  1. You GO girl!!! I have really started to try and get into shape to but 1st I have about 30lbs of baby weight to get off and ITS SUPER HARD!! I want to do a 5k this summer and work my way up to a marathon by the time Im 35! But Im finding it hard to meet my goals of weight lose!

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers