Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vanishing Act

I read all the time in the summer because I finally have time to tackle the stack of books that have piled up throughout the year while I was reading textbooks instead. More times than not, I end up reading books that speak to me in one way or another and every once in a while, there are parts in books that explain exactly how I feel better than I could have ever put into words. Ive decided that I will post those quotes here as I find them because sometimes, I just cant find the words.



"I never stopped hoping you'd come home, but I did stop expecting it. Having your breath freeze up every time the doorbell chimes or the phone rings takes its toll on a person, and whether it's conscious or not, you eventually make the decision to divide your life in half- before and after- with loss being that tight bubble in the middle. You can move around in spite of it; you can laugh and smile and carry on with your life, but all it takes is one slow range of motion, a doubling over, to be fully aware of the empty space at your center."

Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers