Sunday, July 25, 2010

Book List thus far **UPDATE**

  1. Vanishing Act (Jodi Picoult)
  2. The Art of Racing in the Rain (Garth Stein)
  3. The Longest Trip Home (John Grogan)
  4. Love the One You're With (Emily Giffin)
  5. The Weight of Silence (Heather Gudenkauf)
**UPDATE**
Sorry guys! I totally should have clarified! These are the books I've read this summer so far, now with a little blurb about what I thought about each!

1) I ABSOLUTLY love Jodi Picoult- I have NEVER read one of her books and not liked it so if you are looking for good reads, always go with her! You wont want to put it down! I have a whole stack of her books on my bookshelf because they are THAT GOOD that you want to keep them in your library!

2) REALLY REALLY GOOD! I totally would stay up into all hours of the night because every chapter left you wanting to read more! Good pick!

3) This is by the same author that wrote "Marley & Me" (which is PHENOMENAL if you havent read it!). Its a little slow but funny too. I would say out of all of these, this one took me the longest just because it didnt "catch" my attention like the rest did.

4) I almost think I liked this one so much because I happened to read it at the right time in my life. I felt like this book spoke to me and really nailed how Ive felt at certain points during the past year even though the story line had nothing to do with my life. However, even if I hadnt been in the position I'm in, I still think I would have really enjoyed it. This one will definitely be staying on my book shelf instead of being passed on to my grandma in Michigan (Im too worried I wont get it back haah)

5) SO GOOD! The chapters are really short and switches characters' perspectives with each one so its so hard to put down because you just want to know what really happened since you dont necessarily know from the previous characters' view. (RB! Im soo glad you liked this one, too! Any other book suggestions- My stack is getting low :) haha Also, What is GoodReads?? Ive never heard of it but I may be doing some research tonighhhhtttt)

I hope that you all will look into reading these books and always pass on your own suggestions as you read good ones--- I'm always looking for something good to get lost in ;) I think my tomorrow will consist of some unpacking and some much needed beach sitting and reading (if the heat doesnt kill me first!)

3 comments:

  1. Loved The Weight of Silence! If you're a serious reader, you should join GoodReads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have you finished these or are you planning to read them? I am looking for something to read during my vacation so I would be interested to know what you thought about these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Jodi Picoult books. I think my favorite would have to be a tie inbetween My sisters Keeper and Handle with care. I just picked up Change of Heart, but did not start it yet.

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers