Sunday, June 13, 2010

I need to vent.

I haven't blogged about this yet because I SERIOUSLY NEVER THOUGHT that I'd still be dealing with it now! Welp, I am- so here it is.

Back in March, I registered to run a 5k in April to benefit YoungLife in the triad (no, I didnt even end up running it because of everything going on with B & I but whatever)

Part of our "perks" for running the race was that we got three FREE months of THREE magazines of our choice.

I chose Pe.opl.e, Wom.ens Run.ni.ng, and Sh.ap.e! (Duh! They are the 3 best ones!)

Anyways....

about a month after registering, I see a $56.00 membership charge to my account for Active.com (the company that we registered for the race through)

NO, I did not authorize this charge and NO, I did not ever agree to a membership but I figured it was a mess up and so I calmly contacted the company and they reimbursed me for the $56.00.

Jump forward another 2 months... and I find a $20 charge for Wo.me.n's Ru.nni.ng on my account....

I am TOTALLY surprised as I did not authorize this payment either.

Once again... I inconveniently contact the magazine and they eventually reimburse me for this assumed magazine subscription.

THEN.... a few days later.....

I find ANOTHER charge... this time it's $21.oo for Sha.pe Magazine.

ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEE?????!!

I realize now that they are using my SECURE payment information from Active.com and CHARGING MY DANG CARD to RENEW my subscriptions when the three free months run out.

WHO THE HECK THOUGHT THAT WAS OKAY??!

Never at any moment did I agree to a continuation of these subscriptions.

I contact Sh.ape and get that all cleared... thinking that Im good to go now.... although quite annoyed.

NOPE.

I forgot about Pe.op.le Mag.azine....

This morning I find a $117.00 charge to my debit account from Peo.ple Mag.azine!!!!

I am soooooooooooo mad!

What if I had over-drafted because they took this charge out of my account without my knowledge???

Im pissed and lucky for People Magazine, It's Sunday and there is no one to answer my phone call. I got online and canceled my subscription and now I have to wait until they put the money back into my account...

I am so annoyed that I have to be $117.00 in the hole for up to a week because they thought it would be okay to charge me for something I didnt ask for!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!





On a better note, the baby shower went GREAT yesterday! I will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. This has happened to us before and it's the most annoying thing.

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers