Thursday, December 10, 2009

Milk

+

Cell Phone

=

NOT GOOD.


I am officially without a phone and Im pretty pissed about the reason. How the heck does a phone drop DIRECTLY into your glass of milk when there are a million other places it could fall when you drop it?

I immediately took it out, de-covered (I think I made that word up) and wiped it out. It didnt seem like it had gotten to the inside since I got to it so quickly. The phone was turning on and I could text, call, etc. Then I received a text and the sound was all scratchy and gargled so I took the back off again to see if I had missed drying some of it out. When I tried to turn it back on... nothing happened.

AT&T Customer Service is no help because I "cannot turn on my phone" so I have to wait until morning to try to get someone at the AT&T Store to fix it or give me another phone. I have insurance on it but Im sure they will still charge me big freakin bucks to fix it or replace it.

Wanna know why? Because even though things haven't been easy with exams and other untold drama (yeah I'm sure all that will come out sooner or later), I feel like I'm finally getting to a good place. I should have known that I couldn't have that feeling for TOO long... Something HAD to go wrong, right?

And lucky for me.... it came in the form of....

A cell phone in a glass of milk.


UPDATE
I finally got it to turn on- I guess it just dried out enough to function again. Not sure if I should go to AT&T.. I mean what would I say? "Hi, I dropped my phone in a glass of milk last night and then it wouldnt turn on... but now it does... can you fix it?" HA! Yeah so Im gonna let it dry out more overnight and hope and pray that it continues to work and does not start to smell. Ew. I sure hope that doesnt happen. I was pretty close to crying over spilt milk for a minute there.


2 comments:

  1. awww hunny... I am having one of those weeks too! you know the one where things were actually starting to look good. BUT then reality slaps you and laughs and says 'yeah right'! Yeah that kind of week!

    Usually if any kind of liquid gets in your phone if you catch it in time will start working once all the components dry off completely. you will have to open it all up and let it dry like that for maybe a day.

    I pray your path is a bit smoother from here on out! I can send you some sippy cups if you'd like :). they have lids! It is totally my luck that something like that would happen. Mine was my cell phone in the back pocket of my pants and a trip to a toilet. Yeah... ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it rains, it pours. I'm sorry A, but this is funny! I thought that stuff only happened to people like me. Hope your phone continues to work and doesn't stink. ;)

    ReplyDelete

PitaPata Dog tickers